- Public Works
- Solid Waste / Recycling
- Leaf Disposal
Public Works Recycle Center
Residents can take leaves to the leaf pile at the Village Recycle Center. Upon doing so, residents will be required to empty the bags. The center is open to Elm Grove RESIDENTS only; absolutely NO CONTRACTORS will be allowed to use this facility.
Hours of Operation
Refer to the Recycle Center page for hours of operation.
Paper Bag Pickup
Purchase approved biodegradable paper bags and specially marked stickers with the Johns Disposal name.
- The cost is $1.00 per sticker and includes a leaf bag.
- Stickers and bags can be purchased at Village Hall.
- A leaf crew from Johns Disposal will pick up the bags, not the garbage crew.
- Leaf bags are collected from September through November.
- Bags MUST be placed at the street end of your driveway prior to 7:00 AM on trash pickup day.
- Only approved stickers purchased from The Village, placed on biodegradable bags will be collected.
Private Landscape Service
Residents may contract with a private hauler for leaf pickup and pay the contractor directly for this service. Commercial contractors are not permitted to use the Village Recycle Center for any reason.
Try home composting of leaves. It's economical and good for the environment.
Please do not rake leaves into your culvert or ditch, as it blocks the drainage and causes issues for both residents and the street. Thank you.
If you have any questions regarding leaf bag pickup, please call Village Hall at 262-782-6700 or Johns Disposal at 262-473-4700.