- Our Mission
The mission for every member of this Department is to affirmatively promote, within available resources and engaging in lawful police functions, a feeling of security and safety for every member of our community.
- This mission requires positive effort based on self-initiative.
- The goal is for every member in every contact to seek ways to achieve this mission.
- This mission is a commitment to quality performance from all members. It is critical that members understand, accept and be aligned with the responsibilities established by this mission. It provides the foundation upon which all decisions and organizational directives will be based. Directives include rules, regulations, operating policies, procedures, customs and practices.
- This mission represents the commitment of this administration to the concepts of quality performance management. In other words, members are expected to work consistently in a quality manner in the daily performance of those duties, job responsibilities and work tasks associated with this mission. Quality manner means that performance outcomes comply with our standards.
- Examples of performance standards include the oath of office, code of ethics, rules, policies, procedures, directives, general and supervisory written and verbal orders, and work productivity.
- Members are required to accept the responsibility for the achievement of this mission and publicly register their commitment to it and to the concepts of quality service.
We will achieve our mission by following these objectives
- To protect constitutional guarantees for all persons
- To create and maintain a feeling of security in the community; to reduce the opportunities for the commission of crime
- To aid individuals who are in danger of physical harm and assist those individuals who cannot care for themselves
- To resolve conflict
- To identify criminal offenders and criminal activity and, where appropriate, apprehend offenders and participate in subsequent court proceedings
- To identify problems that are potentially serious law enforcement or governmental problems
- To facilitate the movement of people and vehicles
- To provide other police services to the community
In order to achieve the above objectives, the Department stands committed to
- Provide a continual training program to insure professional competence and development of personal and organizational discipline in order to carry out Departmental goals and objectives
- Recognize the importance of planning functions to develop programs which will address major goals and objectives of the Department
- Cooperate with related public and private agencies in pursuit of their major goals
- Emphasize a continual willingness to study and initiate new and better police services for our community