Property Tax Information
The Village tax rate is determined after the approval of the budget by the Village Board at the end of November. In addition to your municipal taxes, your bill includes taxes levied by other taxing jurisdictions; the State, school districts, colleges.
- December 10th - Property tax bills are generally mailed around December 10th of each year.
- December 21st - Deadline to send tax bills to residents – Bills will be available to print online: http://tax.waukeshacounty.gov. Lookup by your address, choose the tax bill option, then in the upper left you will see “View Tax Bill”. This will be a PDF.
- January 31st - Full payment or first installment due for Real Estate Taxes
- January 31st - Personal Property payment due in full – visit http://tax.waukeshacounty.gov and click “Include Personal Property” to view your information.
- July 31st - Second installment due for Real Estate Taxes (if you opted to pay in installments).
Obtain A Copy of Your Tax Bill
- Visit tax.waukeshacounty.gov and use your address. In the upper left of the screen, you will see a PDF version of your tax bill.
- You can also check this site for payment information, installment due dates, and receipts if you paid from an escrow account.
For detailed information, please refer to the Tax Levy and Tax Rate page.
Make a Payment
We have several options to make your payment listed below. These include ways to make your payment without setting foot inside of a building or coming in contact with others.
- Town Bank of Elm Grove 13150 Watertown Plank Rd., Elm Grove, WI 53122
- Cash – provides instant receipt
- Check - make check payable to: Village of Elm Grove.
- Secure Drop Box available – receipt available 3-5 business days after transaction via http://tax.waukeshacounty.gov
- Drive thru available – provides instant receipt
- Open Saturdays – provides instant receipt
- Mailed payment accepted – receipt available 3-5 business days after transaction via http://tax.waukeshacounty.gov
- Online Payments - http://tax.waukeshacounty.gov
- eCheck for a flat fee
- Credit Card with a percentage convenience fee
- Both options provide an instant emailed receipt. The posting of the funds will show on the account 3-5 business days after the transaction via http://tax.waukeshacounty.gov
Any overpayments will be sent to the owner and mailing address listed on the tax roll. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing of tax overpayments.
If you pay via an escrow account, your payment will be sent in accordance with your initial escrow set-up preference. If you are unsure how signed up, contact your mortgage provider.